Questions? Call the Store: (740) 295-0284
River Ridge Leather Company
355 N. Whitewoman Street
Coshocton, Ohio 43812
James LeRetilley Building - c.1847
James LeRetilley Sr. purchased this building in 1849 from Leander Ransom but died only 1 year later in 1850. LeRetilley moved to Caldersburgh (later changed to Roscoe) in 1825 from Muskingum County and opened a general store with William Wood. On August 2, 1926, he was appointed as the first postmaster in Caldersburgh. After the canal was built, LeRetilley and Bagnall built a warehouse and began shipping grain on the Ohio-Erie Canal (this warehouse burned in 1912). From 1835-1842, LeRetilley was an associate judge for Coshocton County. He was also part owner of the Union Mill Company in lower Roscoe (1840). The mill burned in 1855.
Today, River Ridge Leather Company occupies this beautifully restored historic building. You can purchase quality leather goods that are hand-crafted using traditional tools and techniques by the owner himself.
|Mon.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.||Fri.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.|
|Tues.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.||Sat.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.|
|Wed.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.||Sun.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.|
|Thurs.||10 a.m.—5 p.m.|