Planned or deferred gifts allow you to make a significant gift now that will benefit the Village in the future. These include bequests by wills, life insurance policies, or several kinds of charitable trusts and annuities. In many cases, planned gifts can offer you substantial tax advantages and financial benefits, such as lowered estate tax liability or increased spendable income. Roscoe Village welcomes the opportunity to work with you and your legal or financial advisors to establish a planned gift arrangement that will benefit you and the Village.
- Bequest provisions in a donor’s will are always welcomed. Bequests usually specify a specific amount or percentage of the benefactor’s residuary estate as a gift. All bequests should name “The Roscoe Village Foundation” as beneficiary.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts provide income to you and/or other beneficiaries for life, leaving the remainder to the Village at the end of the trust.
- Charitable Lead Trusts provide income to the Village for a set term of years, after which the remainder may be transferred to your family or heirs. It also provides you with an annual charitable deduction for the Village’s income interest and, under certain circumstances, may allow you to pass property to family members at a greatly reduced transfer tax cost.
- Charitable Gift Annuities are the most popular method of making a deferred charitable gift. This option allows you to transfer a gift of cash, marketable securities, or real estate, in exchange for a payment by the Village of a specified annuity to you and/or another beneficiary.
- Life Insurance is also a popular form of gift. Donors may either contribute a paid-up policy or designate The Roscoe Village Foundation as policy owner and beneficiary of a new or existing policy while continuing to make a gift of the premium amount to the Village each year.
Contributions to The Roscoe Village Foundation by individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations qualify for a tax deduction to the full extent provide by law. The Roscoe Village Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization for federal income tax purposes.
The Roscoe Village Foundation
600 Whitewoman Street
Coshocton, Ohio 43812